Coconut Yoghurt Recipe:
1. One batch coconut kefir
2. Once you have made coconut kefir, strain and save the grains for another batch or make a batch of almond milk kefir and store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
3. Place your coconut kefir in a wide mouth lead free jar, add 1 teaspoon of citrus pectin, stir then blend for 1 minute with a stick blender. Place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours.
You can either continue to make the yoghurt this way or you can make another 2 batches by the following method then go back to the kefir method.
1. Leave 1 - 2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt the the jar
2. Add 1 can or organic light coconut milk Ayam brand.
3. Add 1 teaspoon Citrus Pectin, stir and blend for 1 minute with the stick blender.
4. Leave yoghurt on the benchtop for 8 hours to ferment then taste it to make sure it is sour. If not sour, leave it to ferment a few more hours and check again.
5. Place yoghurt in the fridge to set for 4 hours. It will continue to slowly ferment in the fridge so by 7 days it will be quite sour but still edible. You can sweeten with stevia or use in dips.